That process wouldn't work with most of the folks that come to my door.
Certainly the UPS girl would be long gone if I followed that process.

Andy

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Holly
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Question: How to Answer the Door Using the Ring app for the Ring
Video Doorbell 2

  Hi David:

  When you get the notification that there is someone at the door, you should
be able to open the ring app by double tapping on the notification.  It takes a
few seconds for the app to open, then the buttons you need to talk to the
person at the door are along the top left edge of the phone.

  You just have to practice running your finger down the left edge to the ‘end
call’ and ‘accept call’ buttons.  The ‘end call’ button is above the ‘accept
call’ button.  Voice over will announce them when you find them, but you can
not find them by swiping.

  As you say, the app is not very accessible, but with practice you can manage
it.

  I found that having an echo spot or echo show is faster than the app.  When
you set the echo up to ‘talk to the front door, or whatever you name it, it
will open two way communication to the person at the door.  Then you can talk
to the person through the echo device.

  Good luck!

  "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is
always to try just one more time."
  Thomas A. Edison

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/6248A99A55B646CE96AD3F0C2A3108D3%40HollyPC.