I know that with Netflix when you download an episode, you lose video description, at least that used to be the case. I think it was also true with Amazon Prime but when someone pointed it out to Amazon it got fixed. I definitely get video description with Amazon Prime now. I'm just mentioning this in case this is something you need to point out to Apple and iTunes.

On 9/16/19 6:25 PM, Penny Reeder wrote:
Thanks for sharing this news. I am looking forward to checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2019, at 7:09 PM, Kay Malmquist <kay.malmqu...@gmail.com <mailto:kay.malmqu...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I discovered last night after listening to this program that there is an app called PBS video to stream and listen to all things PBS.  So, I got curious and downloaded the app on to my iPhone.  The ratings are terrible but I went for it anyway.  The cool thing is that you don't have to sign in and if you just go to current events or something like that, you can click on it and there are all 8 episodes of the country music series, and you can play them all right now.  If you have descriptive audio turned on, on your phone, which I think it is by default, that even works when playing these.  How cool is this?  I just wanted to let anyone know that is interested in this.  Take care.
Kay Malmquist
kay.malmqu...@gmail.com <mailto:kay.malmqu...@gmail.com>
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.
Paulo Coelho - Poet-Writer

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Alan Lemly <mailto:wale...@gmail.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Monday, September 16, 2019 4:52 PM
    *Subject:* RE: An audio description question

    The Ken Burns Country Music documentary contains 8 episodes in
    season 1 which air on public television on Sunday through
    Wednesday of this week and Sunday through Wednesday of next week
    concluding on September 25th. This is based on my DirecTV
    schedule for my local public television station so your viewing
    dates could vary.

    Peter Coyote narrates the program.

    Alan Lemly