Actually, Apple uses a time-sensitive grade II braille buffer which only allows
approximately half a second. What this means is, if you hesitate for a half
second, the grade II translator converts the buffer and enters the data. If you
set braille to 8 dot computer braille, the buffer will deactivate and this
translation aspect stops. In other words, if there is no text in the grade II
buffer, you can braille as slowly as you wish.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone