One thing to add about Assistive Touch. In my experience,the Assistive
Touch virtual button tends to move around the screen a bit. Usually, I
find it in the bottom right-ish part, but not always. I wish it stayed
in one place. Also, it can hide things you are used to seeing. For
instance, if I'm in BARD Mobile, and the Assistive Touch button is in
the lower right corner, if I then touch the Now Reading tab also in
the bottom right corner, I often hear VoiceOver say, "Assistive Touch
menu". You may have to go to the next closest item and flick to the
app item you are looking for. So, in my example, I would find the
Settings tab and then flick right to find the Now Reading tab and
double tap. This is an annoying thing about Assistive Touch, but I'm
mostly willing to deal with it. I use Assistive Touch as an easy way
to restart my phone. On the iPhone XR, I haven't come up with an easy
phone restart, other than shutting it down, plugging it into power,
and waiting for it to start up. There supposedly is a sequence of
button presses, but half the time whenever I try it, I end up nearly
calling EMS. Finally, you can turn on VoiceOver Help from anywhere
with a 4 finger double tap, and practice the new VoiceOver gestures,
such as going to the home screen or the app switcher. This would be a
good way to practice without actually performing the gesture.

Be well,
Wayne Merritt

--
Connect with me on GoodReads: