Hello Janet,
In my experience, sometimes a shopper will call if the store is out of
an item. When items are added to the cart, the app also notifies that
the store is out and allows for choosing a replacement. There is also
an option to choose a replacement on the product by tapping on the
product itself and choosing replace with best match or don't replace.
I use the iPhone app.
About expiration dates, you could try to leave an instruction note
like please check expiration dates on the product instructions page.
I do leave my information on the app so that it does not need to be
entered in. I think that one can also pay with Apple pay if I am not
mistaken. I am not sure if there is a certain amount for the tip.
After your items are delivered, a rating must be left for both the
experience and the shopper. Problem issue can be reported an Instacart
is very responsive. You can also contact Instacart support.
The app is VoiceOver accessible however, when placing a product in the
cart, VoiceOver used to report, add to cart dimmed button while still
being available. I am not sure if this has been corrected, but this is
an item of note.
Other than that, the app works fine.