Hello,
Here in Los Angeles, Instacart charges $99 a year and orders $35 and
up receive free delivery. One does not have to subscribe to the $99
service, but they will pay the delivery fees and any other applicable
prices.
I know that this is also the same in San Diego as well.
I have seen sales on different items through them.