From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Malcolm
Parfitt
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 12:47 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Strange behaviour in the native mail app in iOS15

As I have not seen this issue mentioned and now iOS15 is out of beta I would
welcome list members' opinion on the following issue.

I have several imap accounts in the native mail app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

What I am about to describe does not occur with any pattern that I can identify.

Some times when I read a message, exit it then quit the mail app via Task
Switcher when I launch the mail app I am in the message I was previously
reading.  This behaviour occurs no matter what folder the message resides in.

If I restart the iPhone and launch the mail app I am still placed in the
message I was previously reading.

The only way to resolve this is to delete the message.  Obviously this is not
ideal if I want to keep it.

After a while, several hours launching the mail app normal behaviour is
restored and I am placed in my inbox rather than being in a particular message.

I have described the strange issue to the best of my ability and wonder if
anyone else has experienced this.

I have never had this issue in any other version of iOS other than V15.

Malcolm Parfitt

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C33766eaac66f48f2d18f08d97c6f6290%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637677640102552243%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=tRPrK2IMkX3aZgfVORPMpelfM%2BNssTZ6HdKYTwhYViA%3D&amp;reserved=0
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2F5B221A68-3AC2-497A-9EBA-92D9F343AA16%2540parfitt1.org.uk&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C33766eaac66f48f2d18f08d97c6f6290%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637677640102552243%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=agMaVxFQ9ViT9bhOxU6KkjtSPPf5DJMV9PLXVpneGbc%3D&amp;reserved=0.