Hi Donna, would an SE20 have voice recognition on it as I can't find it anywhere.  I did as you suggested and still can't get rid of direct touch but there  you go.  Janet

On 26/09/2021 18:07, Donna Casteen wrote:
Hi,

Assuming that Direct Touch is still on per my previous instructions: Close 7 Little Words from the app switcher, then reopen it. Voiceover should now be back on. Use one finger & swipe down to settings & tap to open. Swipe down to sound & use one finger & double tap to turn off the sounds. Make sure that you are using three fingers & taping only once. Wait a couple seconds between taps to toggle between words or characters. Without waiting the tap may be confused with the three finger double tap which toggles voiceover speech on & off.

Donna

Hi Donna,

I am wondering what phone and which iOS version you are using. I really liked your solution for when someone accidentally turned off speech in 7 Little Words, however, on my iPhone SE 202 running iOS 14.8 and 15 it didn’t work. I was sillily adventurous, and I turned off speech in the game. Then I went to the app switcher, and while on 7 Little Words I turned the rotor to “direct touch” and turned it on. It didn’t restore speech to the game. Unless there is something I did wrong, I will have to delete the app and download it again.

I did have the most recent update working, and I am getting used to it. However, I sure wish you could turn off the infernal clicking. Right now that toggle still isn’t working. I am going to write to the developer about that.

Thanks for your help!

Take care and stay safe!

Debby

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> *On Behalf Of *Janet Bell
*Sent:* Saturday, September 25, 2021 1:34 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: new Seven Little Words

so where do you find screen recognition please and also I wish he would get rid of direct touch area forever Janet

On 25/09/2021 17:54, CHELA Robles wrote:

    Well I just took the plunge and downloaded it for the very first
    time I will have to learn how to play this it sounds fun similar
    to scrabble Innoway it looks like and boy it’s been quite
    sometime since I’ve played Scrabble myself but thanks for
    introducing this game. I downloaded the trumpets pack since I
    myself am a trumpet player. You know the other game I like is I
    associate II.

    Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 25, 2021, at 9:44 AM, Anna Dresner <wadres...@att.net>