You are correct it is a bit of a toy.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Donna
Casteen
Sent: December 11, 2021 3:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: My First Favorite Feature of Apple Watch Series 7

The hand washing feature is not an app. It is a setting that can be toggled
on/off within the settings on the watch. The watch detects that you are washing
your hands from the sound of the running water & automatically starts a
countdown timer. I found that having the feature turned on affected battery
life on my 6Se watch. Just rinsing dishes or filling a glass with water to
drink seemed to start the hand washing timer. I don't need a timer to tell me
when my hands are clean. I can make a mental note to countdown a specific
amount of time. Just my opinion about the feature. You & others may find it
useful. Is a great feature for a child to make sure that they are washing their
hands long enough.

Donna

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/14532493-C8EE-4913-B3AA-A8A636704C46%40gmail.com.