Mine is for five minutes. I'm thinking maybe the five minutes is five minutes
after the last time the thing talked. I haven't tried it to see am good about
turning mine off.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Margaret Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 3:00 PM
To: V iPhone list <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Can I Use Touch ID Instead of Pass Code

Sieghard and All:

I want to keep Pass Code so it is available when needed and not totally disable
it.

I think 3 people have said that it is not a good idea to have the phone powered
off most of the time as I have been doing and I want to try having it locked
when I'm not using it to save the battery.  I thought powering off when it
isn't being used was saving the battery.

I set it to never lock when I first got the phone months ago and I forget where
I did it.  I've spent hours this afternoon and tried the word lock in the
settings app.  I found one result for lock and never and there were several
time periods in minutes and I double tapped on 5
minutes as an experiment.   It's been much longer than 5 minutes and my
home screen is still talking.  I don't know if I missed a save button or if I'm
misunderstanding something.  Could you please help me out and give the proper
location and time period to choose for the way I use the phone?

I'm doing better with what I think is manual locking and the screen doesn't
talk and I can press the home button and speech resumes.  It's been a long day
and I'm confused since I don't understand your saying "I personally am not one
of those and want my phone to lock relatively quickly after I use it"  since it
went silent on me almost immediately.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Margaret

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/e2398f54-732c-d037-bcfb-59fef9862699%40fastmail.com.