From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Margaret Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2022 10:04 PM
To: V iPhone list
Subject: Can I Use Touch ID Instead of Pass Code

Good Evening:

The recent Face ID hit or miss thread caught my interest since, like the
original poster, I have an iPhone SE 2020 and like Touch ID.

The SE2020 is my first smart phone and is my back up  with my land line
being my primary phone.  I have the cell powered off most of the time
and might power it on for texting or to check the weather app etc.  I
have Apple ID, Touch ID, and Pass Code set up and have purchased an app
on the App Store.  The way things are set up, I have to type in my pass
code when I power up.  I can usually do it correctly the first or second
time so typing it isn't the problem; I'd prefer to use Touch Id instead
if possible.  I am not in a work or school situation and my house does
not resemble Grand Central Station and I do not have a lot of personal
information on the cell.

The original post did say locked and not powered off.  When I first got
the cell and was trying to follow along with a tutorial, the phone kept
saying locked what sounded every 30 seconds and locked became a "dirty"
word and I never investigated what it was good for.  I turned lock to
never.  I'm using the phone a little more now and would be willing to
change that if someone could explain why it would be good when I use the
phone so little.  I'd greatly appreciate knowing if I can keep the pass
code for when I needed it for other things and could use Touch ID when
powering on.
  Thanks,

Margaret