First of all, I never said I think high-speed data transfers aren't important
for some people. What I said was that I heard Apple is limiting the speed of
the USB-C port to that of what the Lightning port now has.

I am also quite convinced that Apple is working towards an iPhone without any
ports and that just as when they ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack, once they do
this Samsung and others will follow on their heels.

Here a bit more regarding the statement "it may also have dual channel
satellite navigation, giving location data as accurate as an inch compared to
the 20 feet single channel offers"

One inch accuracy is very difficult to achieve especially in cities between
tall buildings and while a measurement over a long period of time may result in
extremely high accuracy, most consumer devices cannot do this in most
applications or without the euse of additional "augmentation
systems<https://www.gps.gov/systems/augmentations/#:~:text=A%20GPS%20augmentation%20is%20any,the%20public%20and%20private%20sectors.>",
 here the definition of what that is:

A GPS augmentation is any system that aids GPS by providing accuracy,
integrity, availability, or any other improvement to positioning, navigation,
and timing that is not inherently part of GPS itself.

Another article I read says this "Yes, there are GPS systems that can measure
locations with accuracy up to 1 inch. These systems are known as Real-Time
Kinematic (RTK) GPS systems. They

use a fixed base station and a mobile receiver to calculate highly accurate
positions."

And here a page from the US government website about GPS
accuracy<https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/>, one highlight
here is this:

The official GPS site has a good description of accuracy. It will depend on the
quality of your equipment, how many satellites are visible and processing in
your equipment and the quality of the GPS signals (direct, reflection,
interference).

As measured by the Air Force that runs the GPS program, the error across the
entire constellation of satellites was 2.1 feet, 95% of the time on 20 April
2021.

Also, I hear sometimes people say the US government deliverately makes the GPS
system less accurate; this is not true as of over 20 years ago, specifically in
2000 then President Bill Clinton put a stop to the so-called "selective
availabbility" which was used throughout the 90's globally to make GPS signals
for civilian use less accurate. On the GPS website it says " The United States
has no intent to ever use Selective Availability again.".

What Kelly described is technically called "dual frequency" or "multi band" and
many of the newer Garmin GPS's including some of Garmin's watches already have
this.

Here an excerpt from an explanation from the Garmin website:

What is Dual Frequency/Multi-Band GPS?

Dual-frequency or "Multi-Band" systems use multiple frequency bands and allow
for more consistent tracklogs and improved positioning when using the device in
challenging environments.

This means the receiver tracks more than one radio signal from each satellite
on different frequencies, which can reduce errors caused by environmental
interference.

What Advantages Do Multi-Band Devices Have Over Other Models?

• More consistent tracklogs and improved positioning when using the device in
challenging environments (e.g. around tall buildings in urban canyons as well
as tree cover)

• Can achieve accuracy within about +/- 2 meters or 6 feet under ideal
conditions versus the +/- 3 meters or 10 feet accuracy of other models

• Detect (and reject) reflected satellite signals better than a single
frequency receiver which improves accuracy

• Better equipped to account for and correct errors that can be introduced by
atmospheric effects (e.g. ionosphere errors)

NOTE: Multi-GNSS satellite systems include GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, BeiDou,
and IRNSS (NavIC). Some satellite systems are not available in all areas of the
globe.

For more details, see https://www.gps.gov/systems/gnss/

I am sure the iPhone 15 Pro will undoubtedly be a fantastic device, but it
seems Apple is differenciating the Pro models more and more from the regular
models and then we have rumours of an iPhone 15 Ultra although I also read that
this may possibly what Apple will call the iPhone 15 Pro Max and they will give
it even more features or make it tougher than the regular iPhone 15 Pro.

I guess we have to wait and see, but don't hold your breath that any iPhone in
the near future will give you 1 inch GPS accuracy especially not in the places
where most people live like cities with tall buildings and many sources of
potential interference. For now the next big reveal will be iOS 17 on Monday,
June 5 which Apple announced today is when WWDC will start. Then we'll wait
another 3 or so months and probably on Tuesday, September 12 or so Apple wil
lhave the fall hardware reveal although most rumours will have been confirmed
at least a few weeks before then.