As far as I am aware, you should not be experiencing such. If You were muting
VO with a three finger double tap, it might make more sense. However, as you
are completely removing VO from the system, the apps' voice guidance features
should not be effected, unless voice guidance is using the Apple built-in
speech, and turning VO off is taking precedence over the apps' call to built-in
speech. Come to think of it, that may well be what is occurring. If you leave
VO off before you launch the app and voice guidance then works, this is likely
what is going on. You will need a sighted person to help test this theory.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone