Hi,

Tripple click home lets you toggle vo on and off without navigating
into accessibility which wouldn't be possible if vo is turned off
anyway.
Most people find that when playing games for example, they usually
work best with vo turned off. Note that as of iOs 5, the feature is
enabled by default.

Cheers,
Ben.