From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sandy Finley
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:19 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Advantage to triple tap button

Lawrence, the triple click of the home button to turn VO on or off is not
configured by default. You will find it in Settings general, Accessibility.
Here is an example of when  I use them and how they are different.

When I am running on the treadmill I use the three-finger triple tap for
"speech off." That way I can listen to music without interruptions from
notifications that my phone normally reads; yet, VoiceOver is still
available to me if I double tap the back button or the phone rings and I
want to use the usual VoiceOver gestures I am accustomed to.

The other day I was with a sighted friend who forgot her cell phone and
asked to borrow mine. Without thinking I  handed it to her and she was
bewildered because the standard gestures weren't working.  I don't really
understand the difference between how a sighted person uses the iPhone and
how we do I just know it's different. So rather than explaining, I used
triple click home to turn VO off entirely;; then she was able  to use the
phone in the way she knew.

Another advantage to the three-finger double tap is that it saves wear and
tear on the oft used home key.  HTH

Sandy