I wouldn't mind trying a horizontal layout and that is the way I pictured it
until I heard the podcast. However, I don't find facing the phone outward to be
spatially confusing; I think that's a matter of how each person looks at it.
And I also don't find that I have to do hand-twisting to use BrailleTouch this
way. I'm also not making lots of mistakes now that i'm getting used to it. My
purpose isn't to deny or belittle others' opinions at all; I'm just saying that
these statements, as well as my own here, are matters of personal preference
and opinion rather than inevitable fact. It is not inevitable that everyone
finds the position spatially confusing or feels they are doing hand-twisting
but some people feel that way. It is also not inevitable that everyone find
typing this way helpful and comfortable, as I for the most part do, though
hopefully I am not the only one who does feel this way. Perhaps having both
positions available would be the best of all worlds but I'm not in a position
to know how feasible that really is. But it would be a dull world if we all
thought about everything the same way even though it might make it easier for
developers :-)

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth