It seems to me that a central factor in this discussion is whether and
how much people are accustomed toinputing via a device such as a braille
display.  I could probably adjust to the positioning, but because I
input a lot these days with the Focus, I am accustomed to the lay out.
I also am waiting until grade 2 is supported.  Because I have written
braille since I was knee high, it takes a great deal of focus for me to
write accurately in grade 1.  In grade 2 I write rapidly, often more so
than on a qwerty.

-Len