I had one cable do this, and it would only charge part of the time. It got to where it would not charge the device at all. That is why I had to buy yet another cable.

-----Original Message----- From: Nimit Kaur
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:05 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: weirdness with new charger cord

I also bought a new cord for my ipod 5th gen but when I plugged a new
cord I ordered online, it acts weird and likes to make that sound when
you plug the cord in to the outlet repeatingly.  You guys know that
sound when you plug your phones or whatever I device you plug in to
your outlet?  Well, with the cord I ordered online, it keeps repeating
that sound and vo acts weirdly.  It works just fine with the cord
apple provided me with my ipod.  I think it was apple.  I don't know
because someone in my life bought it.  Thanks!  Any feedback and
comments would be appreciated.