Hi Cara and Robin,

I guess for those of us who don't necessarily read the user's guide these
hidden, non-Voiceover accessible features remain a mystery until somebody
points them out *smile*. Thanks, Cara, for doing so.

However, I agree with Robin that this should be accessible. I was just about
since in the new version there was no such thing as Button-Free mode. Then I
thought I better make sure so I called Audible support. At first the
technical support guy told me as well that he could not find it, but then he
put me on hold and told me that this was there. The way to get to it is to
turn Voiceover off, then do a one-finger swipe up from the bottom of the
screen just above the home key towards the top. This will enable button-free
mode and you can jump forward and back by doing a left to right swipe for
forward and a right to left swipe for back. A vertical swipe, either up or
down, will insert a bookmark.

I told him that I would like him to take my feedback which he did by asking
me for my Audible email so he could properly log the call and request, and I
then told him to document that this is completely not accessible with
Voiceover and that Voiceover users have no way to turn on Button-Free mode
or to use it with Voiceover.

The other big issue for me is the fact that in the Chapters and Bookmarks
area, the currently playing Chapter is visually highlighted, but Voiceover
gives no indication what chapter is currently playing.

I will also send another email about the Button-Free mode and the fact that
Voiceover should say "selected" or "Currently Playing" when you come to the
chapter which is currently playing.

As for Button-Free mode, I don't see why similar to how Apple solved the
Notification Center activation, Audible couldn't do this so that a 3-finger
swipe up would start button-free mode when Voiceover is on. Then maybe a
2-finger or 3-finger swipe left or right could be used for the Jump Forward
or Jump Back command just as a 3-finger swipe changes pages when you are on
the home screen.

I must be missing something here. In the new Audible update I don't see a
Button Free Mode, I do remember it from the old version, but if I play a
book in the new Audible app and turn Voiceover off I can swipe up or down or
left or right as much as I want and nothing happens. Cara, could you tell me
how you get to this Button-Free mode?

Thanks,

Sieghard