As far as I know, Talking Goggles does not use human beings whereas Tap Tap See
does. This would explain why Talking Goggles works better reading text rather
than identifying objects. It does identify well known pictures as I mentioned
in a previous message that you dismissed as frivolous. It failed to identify my
dog as a dog and said she was an alp. However, it identified the picture on a
place mat as Tower Bridge which is, of course, a famous image. It does a really
good job on text in many different languages which is extremely useful for
someone like me who lives in a country that is not English speaking.

But, as for all apps using the camera, sufficient light is essential. So if you
have no light perception, you'd be advised to do what I do and use the Light
Detector app before attempting to use Talking Goggles. That way, you'll know
when to use the flash.

Anne