From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Neal Ewers
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:22 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: talking goggles

Hi, I find that I have to hold the phone much closer to objects with goggles
than with tap tap see. The other difference I am finding is that while tap
tap see will tell me things like the back of a person's head, a man wearing
a blue shirt, goggles will not do this even in video mode, at least not for
me. If I point goggles at my electric stove controls, it does not say
controls on black stove as tap tap see does, it actually tries to read the
writing on the buttons. It says things like pre-heat, broil, etc. If I hold
goggles close to a page with writing, it actually tries to, as people have
mentioned, read the writing and does a rather nice job at it. But, I can
hold it in front of any picture in my house, and it says nothing. So, I am
not quite sure what this all means.

It would appear that goggles is much better at reading text and the names of
buttons than tap tap see, but have others been able to identify objects with
it. So far, I can not. I try to take a picture of my couch, it says nothing.
I try my face, I guess I scared it because it said something like w3q. Hmmm,
I wonder if that is written on my forehead? <smile>.

This is not an attempt to say if one of these apps is better than the other,
I'm simply trying to find out what people have been able to do with goggles
other than read text and buttons. So far, I don't have much luck.

Thanks for pointing out this app and for all people's testing.

Neal