Make sure you're in an edit field, then use the roter to get to the typing mode option. Now flick up or down to toggle between standard and touch typing.

On 05/17/2013 02:10 AM, Betty Emmons wrote:
how do you put the phone in touch typing?
Betty Emmons
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray T. Mahorney"
<mahorney....@googlemail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 1:08 AM
Subject: RE: Using Siri to dial a number with an extension

if the student were to put the device in touch typing and practice
using it would that allow them to
enter the extension?  I have similar dexterity issues and switching to
touch typing made it much
easier to enter pass codes and the like.  Again I have to stress that
it will take some practice but
it can be done.

Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA