From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:47 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iPhone 5S and 5C predictions was: New iPhones

I don't think the question is what's going away. Obviously there will still
be a lot of iPhone 4, 4S and 5 out there. The question is what will Apple
still be manufacturing and selling as new iPhones. Googling around reveals
that there's a lot of speculation out there, and we won't know for sure
until Tuesday.

One rumor is that the 4S will be the entry level model, with it's smaller
screen, the 5C will be the midrange model and the 5S will be the high end
model. In this scenario, the iPhone 5 would stop being manufactured since
the 5C is so similar except for the plastic body.
Given that the 4S still has the 30 pin connector though, it may be the phone
that's discontinued.

The other scenario is that the 5C becomes the low end model, the 5 is the
midrange model and the 5S is the new high end model. In this scenario, Apple
would stop manufacturing and selling the 4S.

One article where the various rumors are discussed is at
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/09/iphone-5c-rumors.html

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail