Sieghard.
You said, 4 or 5 seconds. Just opening an app. But you have to add the seconds that you are taking for un lock the phone, that now is slower, the extra time that takes voice over to respond, the extra time that now open the folders, so it will be a time that is absurd to say that we can miss because we are not a very busy people. Just start the following landscape. We had iDevices that was working fine, we had iDevices that each year when apple update the IOs, get additional problems, and now the speed is another problem in the bag. As a customer, I have the right to make complain for something that was working fine, and the mandatory update of apple became my device in something that is not working well, and the speed is worse than ever. It is my right, and apple has not right to modify my device, device that I bought and I am the owner. The apple modifications made my device slower, and the quality is worse also. It is not the device that I bought 1 or 2 years ago. If we as customers allow the companies to do what ever they want with us, and with our property, then we are missing the rights that the constitution, and local and federal laws gave us as customers. The mandatory update is illegal, when the update became our devices in slower devices, and with accessibility problems. Any body has rights on our property. Any update is mandatory, apple has not right to download the IOs 7 with out our permission, apple has not right to become our devices in slower devices, and with problems with the accessibility, problems that we didn't have before this update. Apple is not god, apple has any right on my property. They can to do what ever they want in their property, they can create iPhones very bad if they want, they can create IOs also very bad, but they can not force us to update our devices.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:12 PM
Subject: RE: About iOS 7, is it really so bad? was: Apple now forcing iOS 6 holdouts to upgrade to iOS 7.

Hi Pablo,

Seriously, an extra 2 or 3 seconds is a big deal? You must be a very busy
person *smile* Anyhow, on my 4S some apps do take maybe up to 4 or 5 seconds
to fully load, but often that is only the case when I first open them. The
Audible app for example opens right away, let's say 2 seconds, then it takes another 2 or 3 seconds for all the buttons and such to be useable. In total
that is 4 or 5 seconds, but I find that if I go out of it and then go back
even after not using my phone for several hours it's much faster.

Will apps on the 5S open faster, yes, probably and I sure hope they do
because increased speed is part of what I am paying for. Also, I think as a
phone or for that matter a PC or Mac get older things do slow down some.
Most people who use an iPhone 4S have a device which is at least a year and
in many cases 2 years old and as far as I am concerned I would say iOS 7
runs just as well on my 4S as iOS 6 did, battery life is just as good and I
have very few complaints.