Hello,

Jonathan as always explains things like nobody else and I do agree that the
automatic downloading of iOS 7 is maybe not something Apple should force on
people even though it is also not new since they did the same with iOS 5 and
iOS 6.

Here is a point, though, which I wonder about:

People mostly complain that on something like a 16 Gb phone this update
takes up a lot of space and I would agree that it does. If you only have
maybe 3 or 4 Gb free space and this is almost 3 Gb it doesn't leave you with
much. If you use a 16 Gb phone but you don't really fill your device with
music and only use storage space for some apps, maybe a few books or
pictures, then you probably have at least 6 or 8 Gb free space in which case
it's a mute point if half of that space is used up by the update since
chances are you won't run out of space.

If your phone is so full that maybe you only have 1 Gb free I wonder what
happens then. I somehow doubt Apple randomly can delete stuff from your
phone to make room for the update, it is my guess that if you went to
Software Update in General Settings it would have an "Download and Install"
option since it could not download the update and if you tried it you would
be informed that there wasn't enough space. At that point you would have to
take off (un-sync) some music, pictures, books or apps depending on what you
have on your phone to fill it up should you want to install the update,
afterwards you could resync that content.

So, maybe this is something to remember next year as a work-around. If you
have a 16 Gb device and don't want a new iOS update to download, simply make
sure you fill your device with content and only leave maybe less than 2 Gb
free for use, this way there is not enough space for the update to download
and you are good to go. If you have 5, 6 or 8 Gb of free space or even more
then having the just under 3 Gb download sitting on your device is a mute
point. Should people have to do this? No, probably not, I think Apple should
put something into the Settings which just as you can turn off automatic app
updates allows you to turn off automatic iOS update downloads. They could
even have this set to On by default since then it's up to each person who
cares enough to not want this to turn it off.

a quarter or and have a smaller

First, it is my understanding that this only downloads via

is a point, though, regarding space. People complain that if they have .

OK,