I had zero problems getting started with Fantastical 2. I honestly did it in
seconds.

I may not remember this exactly but here goes…

When you first open the app it asks you for permission to your calendar,
address book/contacts and something else, :) I forgot what the third thing was.
 I allowed access to all of them.

Then you will sort of be in a mini tutorial mode and that is why you cannot
access the settings button and such.

In the bottom half of the screen it tells you to pull down on the ticker to
switch to month view. You have to use the pass through gesture for this. All
you need to do is double tap and hold the day ticker until you here this sound
I cannot describe, then pull down.

Once you are successful at this it walks you through maybe two other
instructions. I don’t remember what they are but again, just use the pass
through gesture. :)

Once you finish this sort of tutorial mode, than you can use the app normally
and none of the buttons will be greyed out. :)

The pass through gesture sort of cuts through VO and it’s like you are touching
that particular spot that you double tapped and held your finger on for a
second, as if VO was not on. I’m sorry, I’m not good at describing this and
maybe someone else will better explain this gesture and what is happening.

I did not have any sighted assistance and I consider myself quite a ditz when
it comes to technology and I truly did not have any problems.  The key here is
knowing about the pass through gesture. If you are not aware of this useful VO
gesture then you will certainly be stuck. :) This gesture may take a bit of
practice but I find it very useful in other apps as well. :)

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of further assistance. The app is not
“perfect” for visually impaired but I am loving it a whole lot more than the
native Calendar app but this is just my opinion. :)

Christina
Sent from Christina's