Hello,

OK, I was going to post my own rant about what I first assumed was a rumour
about Tap Tap See not being free any more. I just used the app and it worked
fine.

However, after going to http://www.TapTapSeeApp.com I found their Twitter
messages and here are the important ones which were posted within the last
half hour:

Due to the high cost of image recognition we had to change into a
subscription based service
We apologize for the inconvenience that our subscription has brought, but
this was the only way to avoid shutting down completely.

Well, I guess this means either pay up or find other apps which might do the
same for free, no point in complaining, after all, we all love Tap Tap See
and it's not like there aren't other options one can try first like Talking
Goggles. I think I will buy the 100 pictures for $7.99, after all, paying 8
Cents to have something identified on the spot is not such a bad deal. I
think this mostly means that one needs to make sure the picture turns out as
good as possible, I think 100 pictures will probably last me many months
especially since there are other options.