From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Chittenden
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:57 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Tap TapSee

For currency, LookTel is a one-time fee. It will only recognise currency.

For object recognition, Recognizer works quite well. It is also a one-time
fee. It does not require an internet connection, but one must already have a
good picture of the object in the database on one's iOS device. I remember
well how much complaining occurred because it was so unreasonable that the
developers would put out an app which required assistance from sighted
people for getting the personal database set up.

VizWiz is free and does the same thing TapTapSee does. However, VizWiz
relies on volunteers, so sometimes delays can be very significant before
one's picture is recognised. TapTapSee pays for the identification, so the
recognition comes back very quickly.

The fact is, this is an ongoing fee for TapTapSee, so a one-time charge
would not cover the fees for very long considering that we blind are such an
insignificant share of the market.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Nov 2013, at 6:02, "Donna" <merma...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> This is a BIG disappointment to me!!!! I would have Absolutely NO problem
with a one time charge for TapTap See. It is a GREAT app. But there are
months that I hardly use the app and others where I would go well over the
100 picture limit. What is an even BIGGER disappointment for me, is me being
charged for an app that  I originally got for FREE, use and praised the app,
spread just how great the app is and all of this boosted the business!

> Well, now I'm off to search for Free apps that will identify colors, food
packaging, and money.....

> Hopefully those incharge of TapTap See will come to their senses and
rethink about a one time fee...

> Donna
>

>> There are certainly other options in which most people will probably
>> turn to but I personally think TapTapSee would have been much better
>> off with a one time fee. I would have been more than happy to pay for
>> the app but not a monthly charge especially, like you said with other
options available.
>> Thanks goes out to the people at TapTapSee for a wonderful app and
>> good luck to them in the future.

Google Group.

Groups "VIPhone" group.

Google Group.