Rose,

When we say "successful images" we are referring to images that did not
come back with "failed to send" or "image timed-out." We are not referring
to the tag that is provide for the said image.

As for taking the picture, there's a beep that goes off when an image is in
focus. We recommend that if you're taking a picture of a bottle of water or
something of similar size, then do it at a distance of 8-10 inches away.
The bigger the item the further you'll need to step back. However, if you
are looking to get the label of a bottle read to you, then consider taking
the picture 6-10 inches away from the area where you believe the label is
located. Unfortunately, there's no sure way for us to tell you how to take
the picture. This requires a bit of trial and error.

Best Wishes,