Hi Chere,

The beauty of syncing Contacts on both your phone and computer with iCloud is
that if you make a change in one place, the change is reflected in the other
right away. You don't have to wait until you sync your phone with your computer
for the change to be made on both devices. And yes, saving your contacts to
iCloud provides extra security in case of something happening to your computer
or devices. The only problem is if you set your devices to sync both directly
and via iCloud.

Best,
Anna