  From: Alan Paganelli
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:56 PM
  Subject: Re: My phone vibrates instead of ringing; what can I do to change it?

  Ok let me have a go at it here as there seems to be a failure to
communicate.Follow these steps to check the mute switch.

  1 Hold your iPhone in your hand so that the power button you use to turn your
phone on is in the top right-hand corner.  The home button should be on the
flat edge of your iPhone in the center of that edge.  The volume buttons should
now be on the left side of your iPhone one button on top of the other.

  2 Now find the 2 buttons we just mentioned and move your finger up slightly.
You will feel a tab sticking out.  This little tab is a switch.  When you use
your fingernail to push the switch in one direction or the other and the
direction of travel will be front to back or back to front.  You should hear
one of 2 announcements.  the single beep of the vibrater and voice over
announces muted.  Flip the switch in the other direction and it should say
unmutted.  You want it to say unmuted.

  Note: if you have your phone in some kind of case, it may be harder to follow
these instructions and the switch may be in a recessed hole.  If possible,
remove your phone from the case and it should be much easier to locate where
this switch is at.  Once you know it's location, it will be easier to find it
again with the case back on.

  Holler if you need more help.  It can be a little frustraighting when you get
your first iPhone but the good news is, it's well worth it.

  Regards,

  Alan

  I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous
- everyone
  hasn't met me yet.

  Please click on:

  HTTP://WWW.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
  There, you'll find free files of my arrangements and performances played on
  the Yamaha Tyros 1 keyboard.  The albums in Technics  format formerly on my
website are still available upon request.  Thanks for listening!