I don’t think with a 4 s you have the record audio option, do you?
Johnna

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 12:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Audio messaging in i-message with the iPhone 4s

Hi Jan,

OK, I’ll try this one more time: when raise to speak is turned on you do not
have to tap the record button at all. The whole point for raise to speak is
more or less hands free operation, of course it’s not really hands free as you
are holding your phone, but all you do is start a new message, enter the
contact or phone number where you want to send it to and if the Record button
is there which means the other person has iMessage, then all you have to do is
raise the phone to your ear and it should make the little beep indicating you
can now speak. You then speak/record your message and take the phone away from
your ear. This will stop the recording and you will have the buttons on the
screen to play, send or cancel the message. Once again, don’t tap, double tap
or double tap and hold on any buttons, just raise the phone to your ear.