Hi Sumit,

Question 1:  When you start a new/empty Virtuoso 7 database the initialisation
process automatically creates the RDF_QUAD table and indexes in column-wise
mode as this is considered to be the best default for RDF work loads, mainly
due to the 3 times better data compression achieved in this mode resulting the
a third the amount of  memory and disk for hosting a given dataset.

Question 2: Yes, if you want to convert an existing database typically one
upgrade from v6 or if it just happened to be a v7 row-wise database if you
didn't have the column-wsie feature enabled then the  command in that document
for converting to column-wise can be used.

If all your data is in RDF then yes the RDF Bulk Loader ie rdf_loader_run()
method with multiple processes running based on the number of cores available
for parallel loading of multiple datasets at the same time is the most
efficient and performant method of loading.

The RDF_QUAD table is the only one that needs to be changed/configured for
maximum performance as indicated in the RDF performance tuning guide at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFPerformanceTuning

I hope this answers your questions ...

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers