Hi Summit/Bart,

The sys_keys table can then be queried to verify if the index type of the table
is column,  row (index, or bitmap) wise:

SQL> SELECT TOP 10 KEY_TABLE, sys_sql_val_print (KEY_OPTIONS)
  FROM sys_keys
  WHERE KEY_TABLE = 'DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD' ;

KEY_TABLE                   sys_sql_val_print
VARCHAR NOT NULL            VARCHAR

DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD             vector ('column')
DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD             vector ('distinct', 'no_pk', 'column', vector (525,
0, 0, '__ALL', vector (vector (0, 'S', 1, 16776960, 0))))
DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD             vector ('distinct', 'no_pk', 'column', vector (525,
0, 0, '__ALL', vector (vector (0, 'O', 3, -1, 65535))))
DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD             vector ('column', vector (525, 0, 0, '__ALL',
vector (vector (0, 'O', 3, -1, 65535))))
DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD             vector ('distinct', 'no_pk', 'column', vector (525,
0, 0, '__ALL', vector (vector (0, 'S', 1, 16776960, 0))))

5 Rows. -- 1 msec.
SQL>

as indicated in the tip initially provided at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtTipsAndTricksRowToColStoreConversion

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers