On 2014-05-18 16:11, Hugh Williams wrote:
> Hi Sumit
>
> Ah, didn't realise you started with a v6 row store database, thus how
> did you upgrade to v7 ?
>
> As if you simply check pointed and restarted the v6 database with a v7
> binary then it would be automatically upgraded but all the tables
> including the RDF_QUAD tables and indexes would remain in the original
> row store mode.
>
> There are two options for converting the RDF_QUAD table to column store
> which are:
>
> 1.  To dump the current RDF triples to datasets and reload them in an
> empty database which will automatically then create the RDF_QUAD tables
> and indexes in column wise mode. Scripts for dumping and reloading the
> RDF data can be found at:
>
> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFDatasetDump

Hugh and list,

I just wanted to report my findings with this first option:

I have a virtuoso.db file of 142 GB and it took one night to dump it to
.ttl and .graph files.  The .ttl and .graph files together take 242 GB.

Re-loading the .ttl files into the RDF triple store seems to take more
time... I'm loading for more than 24 hours now, and I'm at about 60 % of
the total tuple count.

Is it normal that re-loading the data takes significantly more time than
dumping it?

Regards,
Bart