Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know I asked a more-specific question before, but to rephrase it...
>
> Is there ANY way to virtualise or emulate a VMS system on something
> other than a VMS system?
>
> Preferably if at all something I can run on an open source
> X86 operating system.
>
> Speed is not an issue. I don't care how slow it might be.
>
> I want to add VMS to my new testing cluster, but I'd need SOME way of
> emulating it.

You needn't emulate VMS, but you can emulate a VAX processor, and
install VAX VMS (The Real Thing) on it. One open source emulator is
SIMH (homepage is simh.trailing-edge.com).

HTH,
  Martin
--
One OS to rule them all       | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
One OS to find them           | work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]