Chuck wrote:

Thank you for your continued help. The command produces:

CHUCK> show log perl_root
    "PERL_ROOT" = "DKC300:[PERL5_8_6.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

$ show symbol PERL

(I think there's an F$TYPE on the PERL symbol, and it gets defined to
miniperl.)

You could also turn verification on in your WWWEXEC.COM and try running a PERL
cgi, then look at the NET$SERVER.LOG and see in detail what happened.

Can you run PERL from the command line?

-- Alan

Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing wrote:
> Craig Berry quoted Chuck Aaron:
>

>>Don't forget to hit reply-to-all, as replying directly to me severely
>>limits the possibility you will get help in a reasonable time frame,
>>or, in this case, reliable help at all.
>

>>>The disk names were not changed during the upgrade and the web server is
running fine and working correctly apart from PERL. I looked on this server for
miniperl.exe and it is no where to be found. What would you suggest? Should I delete
PERL and try to re-install it? I have CSWS installed, along with CSWS_Perl also. I
noticed in the doc that the new 5.8 will not work without them. I run the OSU Web Server
not Apache.

"http://excerpt2.ceris.purdue.edu/FCKeditor/_samples/html/exsample01_perl.html";
InfoPath.1)"

>>--
>>Craig A. Berry
>>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>>"... getting out of a sonnet is much more
>> difficult than getting in."
>>                 Brad Leithauser

Alan Winston --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025