At 12:14 PM +0100 3/13/07, Vorländer, Martin wrote:
>Hi Craig! Long time no talk.

Good to see you on vmsperl again.  Stop by more often.

> What I saw is a
>test failure in t/gd.t after what seemed to be a seamless build:
>
>$ mmk test
>MCR $1$dga100:[tools.perl5_8_6]perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM"
>  "-e" "test_harness(0, '[.blib.lib]', '[.blib.arch]')" t/*.t
>t/gd..........
>Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at t/gd.t line 6.
>Regression tests require one or more of PNG, GIF or JPEG support in libgd. at
>t/gd.t line 29.
>%SYSTEM-F-NOLOGNAM, no logical name match
>dubious
>        Test returned status 444 (wstat 1024, 0x400)
>                (VMS status is 444)
>
>The message "Regression tests require..." stems from the env var GDIMAGETYPE
>not being defined and neither newFromPng nor newFromJpeg nor newFromGif being
>recognized by GD::Image (or UNIVERSAL) as valid class methods.
>
>Which led me to the conclusion that this failure was soimthing so basic
>that it had something to do with exported symbols... Sorry.
>
>But looking at the other error message (t/gd.t line 6), there seems
>more that's not quite right:
>
>$ perl "-MFindBin=$Bin" -e "print ""$Bin\n"""
>DISK$DATA:[TEMP.WEB_NEU.SRC.MODULE.GD-2_35]
>$

Have a look at the following patch in blead:

http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/30037

The FindBin docs indicate you can take $Bin and simply paste unix
syntax filename pieces onto the end of it.  If that ever worked on
VMS (doubtful), I think it's been broken a long time.  It's fixed in
blead and looks like that fix will be in 5.8.9.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser