> >Hi Craig! Long time no talk.
>
> Good to see you on vmsperl again.  Stop by more often.

I have never been away. Just being occupied by (many) other things.
But always lurking...

> >But looking at the other error message (t/gd.t line 6), there seems
> >more that's not quite right:
> >
> >$ perl "-MFindBin=$Bin" -e "print ""$Bin\n"""
> >DISK$DATA:[TEMP.WEB_NEU.SRC.MODULE.GD-2_35]
> >$
> >

> Have a look at the following patch in blead:
>
> http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/30037
>
> The FindBin docs indicate you can take $Bin and simply paste unix
> syntax filename pieces onto the end of it.  If that ever worked on
> VMS (doubtful), I think it's been broken a long time.  It's fixed in
> blead and looks like that fix will be in 5.8.9.

Thanks for that.

I think I found the cause of the other error (none of newFromPng,
newFromJpeg, newFromGif getting exported):

[.GD]Image.pm is built from a prototype Image.pm.PLS that has the
following code:

my $DEFINES = '';
my $VERSION = '';
if (open F,".config.cache") {
  chomp($DEFINES = <F>);
  close F;
}
if ($DEFINES =~ /HAVE_PNG/) {
  print OUT <<'!NO!SUBS!'
sub newFromPng {

with Makefile.PL generating .config.cache (or it should... I'm on
an ODS-2 disk with traditional parse style). Once I change that
file name to _config.cache, the generated Image.pm has all the methods.

Another Gotcha I caught: bdf2gdfont.pls gets transformed to bdf2gdfont.pl
on *ix, with a VMS special case generating bdf2gdfont.com instead - but
Makefile.PL doesn't know about this...

With those two changes, MMK TEST is happy.

cu,
  Martin
--
   Emacs would be a great   | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
   operating system,        | work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]