Tels wrote:
Moin,

On Friday 24 August 2007 15:15:41 John E. Malmberg wrote:

For a robust compare, you must separate the file spec components and
remove the "[]<>" delimiters.

And delimiters preceded by "^" in a VMS file specification are not
delimiters.  "^" is a quote meta character to pass through special
characters with out interpretation.  Most of Perl can not yet handle
that feature of VMS file specifications.
Use File::Spec for the splitting/compaision then?

I would have to look to see if there was a suitable splitter that resulted in a string that could be compared.

Here there be dragons.

File::Spec on VMS (like most of Perl) only understands the VMS ODS-2 syntax, not the newer ODS-5 syntax. Updating it is on my TODO list, but there are several other things ahead of that.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only