Moin,

On Saturday 25 August 2007 00:58:46 John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Craig A. Berry wrote:
> > Good catch.  It should of course be C<=~> rather than C<=>.  Somehow
> > I've managed to be both slow and hasty in my patch review and
> > application lately.
>
> I am surprised that the test even passed with this error.
>
> >  I will fix this and the bizarre use of
> > whitespace while I'm at it.  John, in the future, please try to
> > follow the use of spaces and tabs that the surrounding code uses.
>
> I did not notice that there were no tabs in the module.  With tabs set
> to the default 8 character spacing, it lines up correctly.  I will try
> to pay more attention to that.

Just for the record, the repository should enforce the tab/whitespace,
whitespace-at-end, lineending etc, issues by converting the stuff right
before/after checkin.

It is simple unacceptable that humans have always to pay attention to little
details a computer can micro-manage much better.

(Yes, I know, current repository software doesn't do it. But it should.)

All the best,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sat Aug 25 10:46:11 2007 with key 0x93B84C15.
 View my photo gallery: http://bloodgate.com/photos

 "My wife is just a slow brain, running up the bill.."

  -- Often misheard song lyrics #149