De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] De
la part de John Ferrell
Envoyi : lundi 9 septembre 2002 15:12
@ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: Deploying VNC to Win2k and XP remotely

I used a batch file to push out VNC.

the batch: (I had to make it for both Win98 and Win2K clients so you
could probably stream line it)
--
@echo off
rem This batch will copy the VNC files from F:\VNC to C:\Program

rem If WinVNC.exe is not there we will assume that the system needs all
the files IF NOT EXIST C:\progra~1\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.EXE goto CopyFiles
exit

rem This section copies the VNC files, installs the VNC service and runs
rem VNC the first time :CopyFiles

rem lets make sure they get the reg keys
regedit /s f:\vnc\vnc_cust.reg

c:
cd c:\progra~1
md c:\progra~1\orl
md c:\progra~1\orl\vnc
copy F:\tightVNC\*.* C:\Progra~1\ORL\VNC
cls

rem Install the service
C:\Progra~1\ORL\VNC\WinVNC.exe -install
exit
--
I use this batch in  Novell login script, but I don't see why it could
not be used in a Windows login script. For the reg keys, I installed VNC

John

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Richard Harris"    |
|         |           <richard.harris@nott|
|         |           scc.gov.uk>         |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           vnc-list-admin@realv|
|         |           nc.com              |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           09/09/2002 08:44 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           vnc-list            |
|---------+------------------------------->

> This posses a problem, however, as
> Fastpush does not support eSVNC.

True, but you only need to add a folder to the fastpush folder. Then add
in a section under the flavours section so that you can choose esvnc
from the command line.

I'll update Fastpush and you can pick the bits out you need. Ok?

Later,
Richard