Jones Beene writes:

> I hope that I am not misinformed on this, but since you have not heard,
> perhaps it is premature to speculate. I still suspect that an article will
> appear soon in "Fusion Science & Technology" - the renamed journal
> of The American Nuclear Society.

That would be good news, but the editor said she is not interested in articles about CF. Who told you she might accept one?

> > Letts and Cravens are nice guys, but they have not revealed many details or done anything to encourage replication or outside interest. Getting information from them is like pulling teeth.
>
> I think this applies to Cravens. He has been surprisingly reticent in the past about information which he had freely given to IE which they never got around to publishing, for instance.

Yes. This is senseless.

> If you read the experiment carefully, and understand that it is not just a
> laser, but a laser tuned to an exact frequency which coincides with a
> *quantum state,* and saw the part about the adverse effects of
> polarization, then it is clear that yes, the laser light is absolutely critical
> for this experiment, heat will not work . . .

But heat does, in fact, work. And it works in dark cells. As I mentioned, tapping a cell sometimes works. So I do not see what can be "absolutely critical" about it.

> The importance is this, as what I am inferring is that for the first time, > overunity output of LENR will be in the form of direct ELECTRICAL > output, rather than heat.

You think so? That's funny. I just finished writing in an essay: "It is a shame cold fusion does not produce electricity directly, but so far there is no evidence that it can."

Do you think Mizuno's plasma fusion might lend itself to this technique?

By the way, two of Mizuno's recent papers have been temporarily withdrawn from the library. I hope we can return them soon -- in a few moths, at most. There is nothing to worry about. Mizuno's work belongs to the Japanese Federal government, and some high officials want to straighten out a few intellectual-property right and patent issues before we return the papers. I hope we can update and improve the papers before reissuing them.

After the recent government bureau reshuffle, Mizuno and other National University profs now work for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, or MEXT, as it is called, where X = Culture + Sports + Science. It is handier than "MECSST," and pronounced the same way, I suppose. One American employee of a MEXT-funded organization calls it "The Ministry of Fun."