Horace Heffner writes:

> > > The Letts effect is not merely due to the heat pulse (heating) from a laser.
> >
> >That's what I said.
>
> On the contrary, 3:23 PM 8/17/4, Jed Rothwell wrote:
>
> >I think it has been known for some time that things like
> >laser light or a heat pulse will reliably trigger a reaction in a cathode
> >that is otherwise ready to go. . . .

Don't be argumentative. Nothing in this sentence indicates that I equate the laser with the heat pulse stimulation, or I think they have the same physical basis. Furthermore, in another message I clarified this explicitly:

"By the way, there is no evidence that the laser works because it adds a
heat pulse. It is clearly a separate method."