Grimer wrote...
>This is a truly wonderful piece of experimental
>evidence. All it lacks is an explanation of what's
>going on.

 Interesting observation Frank. I was thinking about the impact while thinking about the  JLN Labs demo posted on their website regarding the "Coanda Effect". JLN video of a compressed air stream impacting a bowl shaped surface produces the Coanda effect which actually draws the flat surface toward the air stream. One of Dynaflow's research papers ( many posted on their website) also seems to allude to the cluster effect .

Since Vortexians are far out by nature I also considered the " flat surface" may be a cleverly withheld bit of information. Could it be that the  Coanda Effect was present in their experiment . I don't recall mention of materials of the 'flat surface". Call me simple but I look for a reaction for each action. Perhaps an explanation is in the realm of " reaction".

Richard