There is enough for everyone, but there is not YET enough for everyone to
do nothing and have plenty.

And some things are getting worse not better, GM crops are killing the
soil, and pollution is making some even otherwise remote locations unable
to produce food. There are water shortages developing and we are destroying
the environment to the extent there is projected to be nothing in the ocean
before too long, while animals nearing extinction are being hunted to
extinction because the rarer they are the more lucrative it is.
Now that might be a good argument for a minimum wage.

Bees are being killed by insecticides, while food futures are being gamed
leaving people starving.

Additionally the robotopia in perhaps everything you think it is and more,
but I think this is as true a statement as you will find: "We tend to
overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate
the effect in the long run." Roy Amara.

There is some really basic things that need to be sorted out.
Making a basic income a right might reduce much of the meanness and the
screwing things over to get ahead mentality.

If people had enough money to not support destructive corporations for
their survival and united to solve some of these problems, it could be a
very different world.

One interesting thing no one has mentioned is that all that is needed is
for the payment to indeed occur through a crypto currency!
You see as long as the currency is accepted and if it's value is attached
to say gold or some average of a basket of other currencies.....
Then the issuer of the currency could simply create more of this currency
and distribute a living wage to everyone with an account.

The only trick, and it is a big trick is that there can only be one account
per person.

All that is needed is for it to be accepted that this currency has value so
that people will accept the currency as they would any other.

And that is the only catch, this requires that it is either slow and hard
to turn this currency into cash even though it should have the same value.
As soon as everyone wants to convert their crypto currency into actual cash
someone has to pony up with the 'real' money.

But as long as people appreciate that the currency is accepted in enough
places for enough things and has about the same value as cash and so they
feel there is no need to convert it to cash then everything is fine.

Since everyone would have free money, then everyone is going to be trying
to spend their free money. So it is going to have to have a lot of people
looking for ways to spend their money, and if they can't, they would look
at removing it.

But as long as you can encourage retailers since it would be lucrative to
accept the currency since suddenly everyone has more money and is looking
for a place to spend it.

Employers might be able to pass some of the currency on to their employees.

Maybe if the currency became more valuable slowly as time passed (built in
to the concept).
Though the amount people are paid could reduce to have the same external
value, by having the value of the crypto currency deterministically
appreciate it would induce others to buy not sell the currency.

If inflation is taken for granted, why can't deflation be?

Not the kind of growth Bitcoin has seen, but not the uncertainty, just a
gentle growth of say becoming 5% more valuable every year.

Since everyone gets free money it is in most people interest for this
currency to work out, except the wealthy who may see it as a small threat,
but also an opportunity.

Ultimately for this to work out, the case must be able to be made to
retailers.
There must be some way they could count this in their books and then use it
for rent, paying staff, paying manufactures (who can pay their staff with
it, if any).

John