On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

I do not see the need for panic during this period.  It will not likely
> require rapid change to our current system to prevent major disruptions to
> our way of life.

This is the face of technological change:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/07/opinion/sunday/exposures-detroit-by-air-alex-maclean.html?_r=0

In the long run I think technological change can and will bring about mass
prosperity.  But I doubt the path there will be a straight one.  And at the
local level technological change can displace people not prepared for it
for a generation or more, as seen in the photos in the article above.  Once
LENR takes root, I assume that everything that can be automated will be
automated and that those countries that do not put provisions in place will
witness the kind of thing that happened in Detroit, but on a larger scale.

Eric