Craig,

You maybe right but I doubt it. I conclude that AI, even before it is truly AI, is a game changer and will lead to the end of our existing economic world. I don't know how long it will take. Probably other solutions like a shorter work week will be tried first and we don't even know an unconditional income will work here until it is tried. I have reconsidered my comment about the GOP. (My comment was whether the idea would make sense to them) Neither party will welcome it. Their power base will evaporate with the reduction in government employees.

As I also think LENR is real, I conclude that it will not be that expensive to provide enough for basic food and shelter. What people will actually do is interesting to speculate about. Steven Johnson, I can tell you that when you reach 82 your senses, like sight, deteriorate and you don't have the energy to do the things you would do when you were younger.

Adrian Ashfield