Nothing is inherently safe.
Everything is potentially dangerous.
Drinking water is toxic when too much is consumed. There is no such thing
as "safe sex".
Explosives are safe when used correctly and appropriately.
One way to minimize the dangers is to enact laws that can be used to
regulate behaviours and substances. Another way is through the promotion of
self-respect and respect for others.
Nurturing self-respect and respect for others probably does more to protect
people from the potential dangers associated with our ancient drives to
copulate and eat and drink then laws will ever do.

Harry