  From: Eric Walker
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2015 10:16 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Sealing the Dog Bone

  On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    It may be that the hydrogen only acts to help distribute the Li-7 to the Ni
isotopes for the Li-7+Ni reactions Jones suggested back in October and Eric has
just reviewed.

  Just a small correction.  It was Robin that suggested that what was going on
was a chain of 7Li(Ni,Ni)6Li neutron-stripping reactions.  This is a suggestion
that I'm still partial to.  Unless there has been an error in my analysis, I'm
inclined to think the percentage of lithium reported in the 2mg sample from the
Lugano assay was unrepresentative of the percentage of lithium in the total
charge by a factor of 10-20.  Admittedly, this is a heavy strike against the
proposed involvement of 7Li, all else being equal.

    Most advances in technology are based on a mixture of trial and error work
and application of half-baked theory.  They go hand in hand.

  Nice summary.

  Eric